I had this really weird dream last night. Thought I should pen it down before I forget about it, though it’s been haunting me ever since I awoke this morning.
In the dream:
I had been dating this rather rich guy for a relatively long time, maybe about a couple of years. But he dumped me for someone richer, even more well-to-do than him, and they got married. Somehow, we had the opportunity to meet up again and he decided that he wanted me back in his life. We dated for a while, and I was just out for revenge. In the dream, I was already with Darling (my real life boyfriend), and I was sort of two-timing *gasp* the two of them. I had told this rich guy that I would make my choice sooner or later. In the meantime, being rather rich, he could afford to buy me all the expensive stuff I wanted. We went on a shopping spree where I really went all-out to get all the things I liked.
Then, we managed to avoid Darling and he didn’t find out. We (the rich guy and I) even went to this water theme park and sat on the rides. Then one day, we bumped into Darling at a shopping centre (where he was coming out of the Gents). I immediately dropped the other guy’s hand like it was a spider, and he was like, “you’ve got to make the decision NOW. It’s either me who has the money, or him. Take your pick.”
Darling looked at me, and I looked at him. In the end, I chose Darling (duh!) because I knew that no matter the amount of money the other guy could give me, I will rather have him as my husband.
Well, that was the end of my dream.
I’ve always thought that I’m not very materialistic. I don’t really go for branded goods (just not my cup of tea) and I’m not the kind of girl who will have the constant need to fill up her wardrobe. But I do spend needlessly at times. I can really consider buying expensive diamonds just to have the “bling”, and also travelling to expensive places. Just my ROM alone would be taking a huge chunk of our combined savings for our wedding (not intending to touch our personal savings). The venue is quite costly, and we’ve got to pay for the additional tables, chairs, sound system, floral arrangements and other miscellaneous stuff for the room décor. The rental of the Blue Room plus the tables, chairs and sound system already comes up to about $2.8K. The floral arrangements are going to cost about another… $500-600 minimum? Just the rental of the room is quite, quite enough to do tangible damage to our bank account. *heh* But it’s an once-in-a-lifetime event, right?
I’ll be going to the bridal boutiques later, during lunch with my darling colleague, Winkie! Thanks so much, girl. You’re really very helpful. :)
And before I forget, there’ll be high-tea reception at our solemnisation ceremony. Here’s the list of food to entice you. I proudly present from my caterers at 1827 Thai Restaurant (the in-house restaurant at the Arts House) the following food items:
The finger food:
- Assorted sandwiches (tuna, egg, chicken and cheese)
- Mini croissant with turkey ham
- Honey glazed chicken wings
- Thai pandan leaf chicken with sweet chilli sauce
- Steamed siew mai
- Mini steamed soon kueh
- Mini crispy samosa
- Pan-fried Shanghai dumpling with vinegar
The desserts:
- Mini Oreo cheesecake (I specifically asked for this, anyone else has other suggestions? I can ask the caterer to include.)
- Mini chocolate brownies
- Mini apple crumble
The drinks:
- Free flow of soft drinks
- Ice peach tea
This menu was put together by yours truly, from the various menus that the caterer provided me with. I thought my guests would really like this much better than the rest of the normal menus that they provided. But of course, it comes at a cost too. As the other menus includes only 5-7 dishes (including desserts leh!) and are way cheaper, I thought it was too little for my guests. Hope those who are (going to be) invited will like the food! Please feel free to give me your comments, if you think anything should be included or taken out, or even “revised” like my Oreo cheesecake… *muahaha*
As to the flowers, I was thinking of asking Jocelyn and Dewlyn to do my floral arrangements for me. But Joce is heavily pregnant now, and I’m afraid that they would be too busy to do my floral arrangements, bouquets, corsages and posies for me. I’ll still ask them first, of course. :)
And for the invites! I’ve asked Simin for a quotation from Haohao, and they’re really nice to provide me with a special rate! (I cannot say here, because I don’t wish for anyone else to go to them asking for that kind of deal. *heh*) Thanks so much, girl! But now I’ve really got to start worrying about the designs for my invites! I’m contemplating whether Darling and I should go to those makeover studios and take a few pictures (like about 10?) so that we can have a choice as to which goes on our invites. (*hint: the invites will be relatively unique. I have a rough idea of how I want it to look like already!)
Now it all boils down to the bridesmaid, best man and the ring bearer. *argh* My parents have the opinion that Dave is too young to be the ring bearer, and he might fumble during the ceremony. But he’s already 3!!! As for the best man, Darling has to choose his own. I have already made up my mind on who’ll be my bridesmaid. *wahaha*
And of course, the photographer and the dress! *eeks* How can I ever forget about that?! I must really work hard and source for the best gown in town that’ll fit me perfectly! *prays hard*
Okay, going back to work now! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment