Today is supposedly the day where your other half fawns on you, and treats you well. But Hubby is still in Malaysia. :) Surprisingly, I don't feel upset or sad or angry that he isn't by my side to celebrate this special day with me. For us, I guess everyday is Valentine's Day. After all, he's always sweet to me already. What he says is true; he doesn't need a special day to treat me well when he can do it anytime, anyday. :D
I used to think that romance = love. Of course, it's true that to be romantic, it takes more effort. But I'm grown to realise that love is shown through little things and different ways. Like when he makes the effort to wait for me to have dinner together, when he loves my family because he knows I love them, when he pulls the blanket over me when I'm asleep, when he holds my hand and pulls me closer, when he agrees to buy me something that I really like, when he's excited about the trip we're going to go on in March, when he's angry when I work late at the office, when he smiles at me when I get angry... Every little thing that he does, he makes me feel so loved.
He wouldn't buy me flowers when we first dated; now, I wouldn't let him buy me flowers. :) His money is mine, and my money is his. It's our money now. Even when we dated, he never let me pay for any meals, movies, things that I want. I remember that when we first started dating, I lost a precious white gold chain (Mommy bought it for $300+, which was considerably expensive for white gold) that Mommy gave me. I cried, and he was also upset, simply because I was sad. He pulled me (with tears and all) into a jewellery shop and asked me which one was most identical to the one I lost. And he bought me that. I'll never forget how he told me that he'll never make me sad. Things are material, but his feelings for me would never change. That's true. It's been more than 7 years, and he still loves me. More and more, every second everyday.
We've been holding hands all these years, and will continue to do so. Even though I almost lost my way, he didn't give up and continued to hold on tightly to me. :) Thank you, Hubby, for loving me so much. I love you too!
I know, he doesn't read my blog. He doesn't go on MSN. People must be wondering why I bother blogging about such things when he doesn't even read. Am I simply boasting about what a perfect husband I have? Nope. I blog because I want to remember that I love him, in case one day I wonder if I do. :) Life is unpredicable, you can never tell what is going to happen next. Just in case should anything happen to me, he'll always know that I love him very, very much!
Hubby is coming back tomorrow! These few days have been pretty miserable. Not that my parents aren't good company (they are), but somehow, nowadays, I don't feel complete. Guess that's where the phrase: "your other half" came about.
Have you found your soulmate? The one whom you know will be with you for the rest of your life? The one that you can understand his/her thoughts without even asking her? I have. And I guess I am very, very fortunate to have met him. He has never let me down before, unlike other men I've seen and heard. And of course, I pray that he will never do that. :)
He doesn't have to speak for me to understand him. He doesn't even need to mumble. Just reading his face, his actions, a simple twitch of an eyebrow, the slight upturn of his mouth... I can say I know him very well. He knows me superbly well too. Heh. I just have to give him a look, and he knows exactly what I'm thinking! *wahahaha*
Love that kind of feeling! More simple, I love him. Happy Valentine's Day, my darling Hubby. I vowed to love you, cherish you, treasure you through all odds. And I will always keep this promise. I love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment