When I was young (read: childish and immature), I thought the world about love. Love was about flowers, romance, candlelight dinners, drives down winding countrylanes, champagne, diamonds, scented air, cosy cuddles and what not.
I've received bouquets of flowers (roses, my favourite kind), from guys who brought them to my doorstep, from florists' deliverymen. Diamonds, necklaces, bracelets of all shapes, sizes and prices. Soft toys of Hello Kittys (the whole range from MacDonald's), limited editions of Forever Friends' Sugar bears, gigantic Tarepanda and Pooh Bears are amongst the few that I was showered with.
Expensive gifts of branded goods, endless free rides from guys with cars and class, beautiful memories that lack substance. Meals were sent straight to my home, with all my favourite dishes. But tasteless, they were.
Love blossomed. He was not rich like E, not quite as handsome compared to D, not as intellectual like A, not sweet like I, not hopelessly romantic like G. But he was everything else you wouldn't dream you wanted. He'll tell you off for wearing revealing but pretty clothes, spoil you with gifts that are expensive but not fashionable (read GOLD), gets upset when you fall ill (and admonish you). He loves you the way you are.
We love each other. 6 going on 7. Years.
On a totally different note, have you ever felt that you preferred your friend's present/past boyfriend/girlfriend more than his/her ex/present? Sounds confusing? It really isn't. Let's quote a few examples. I like Liyun (present girl friend) more. (Heh, TCM, good choice! Though you can't read this 'cos you're in Shanghai now) I prefer Aina (ex-girlfriend) more. (Bad choice, Show Boon!). I liked "Xiaxue" more. I miss her. I wish she was still his girlfriend. *sigh* I wonder how she's doing now? I will always remember how sweet she was to everyone around him.
But love is blind: I just hope everyone is happy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Haha i'll like to say thank you on tcm's behalf!
haha... are you liyun? ;)
Post a Comment